Blogging from my iPod Touch

This blog is being written entirely from my iPod Touch. Previously I had toyed with blogging from the iPod, but had limited success. I could log in and create a title and look around, even type excerpts, but could not write to the body of the post.

I e-mailed Sue Waters at Edublogs support about the issue, she has been super-fantastic in helping me with the site. She was away, but I received a response from Ronnie B. at Edublogs. He Advised me that others have used the free WordPress app with success. I decided to try it and here I am…posting successfully from a mobile device.

To post, open the app by tapping it, then type in you blog URL, no need for the http. Type in username and password, then you are inside and ready to blog. All of my categories were pre-loaded,so I added tags and started writing.

You can type from the standard position, with the “home button” at the bottom of the iPod, or spin the iPod on it’s
side and have the expanded keyboard much like a cell phone keyboard. If you forget something in your post just scroll through and tap the screen where you want the cursor to be. It is so very easy to use.

As I experiment more with the app I will update or add more posts. I do believe my students will be able to do this much easier than I am currently. They can text without looking at the phones…as the phones are in their purses or pockets in our classrooms. This will be a cakewalk for them!